How To Train Your Dragon RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona's New OC: Rodrick

Go down

Persona's New OC: Rodrick Empty Persona's New OC: Rodrick

Post  Twisted Persona (Angel) Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:00 pm

NAME: Rodrick
ALIAS: None
STANDING: The world's first (self appointed) Scientist
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Bi

LIKES: Amut, Jane, learning, reading, writing, talking about science.
DISLIKES: fighting, having pointless conversations, meat, being ignored, when people say he's insane for believeing in science instead of the Norse Gods.
STRENGTHS: Highly Intelligent, Very good at focusing and concentration, Notices things others do not
WEAKNESSES: physically weak, is thought to be insane by the towns people, terrified of high places
FEARS: Dieing, High Places (since he almost died while rock climbing), the slave traders finding Amut
AMBITIONS: Be able to teach children about science, Get married, Learn to protect himself
SECRETS: He's a vegetarian, which is unusual for a viking. He wants to get out to see the world, but he doesn't want to leave Jane and Amut.
PERSONALITY: Rodrick is quirky. He, like Jane, is kind and caring, but he tries to make himself heard. He's a firm believer in Science, not believing in the Norse gods like all the other vikings. When something happens, instead of jumping to whatever conclusion seems plausible, he investigates thoroughly and thinks things through, solving the issue with logic. Rodrick is a pacifist, meaning he refuses to fight and doesn't believe in bringing harm to anyone or anything. After an accident where he fell while rock climbing he'd been afraid of heights. He's a very out spoken person, often speaking his mind and not holding back to tell somebody they've screwed up. If you ask him a question, he'll tell you exactly what he thinks whether you like the answer or not. He's also very emotional, like the emo kid of viking time.
OVERALL PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: He stands at about 5 feet 9 inches, has pure black hair, pale skin, and bright green eyes. He has a light build, almost feminine. He has a tattoo that runs from his left cheek down his back to his shoulder. He always wears black or grey. Instead of wearing a helmet, he tends to wear a headband with horns on it, saying he doesn't like the way metal feels. He wieghts 99lbs, only one less than Jane.
Picture: He's the one in the middle.
Persona's New OC: Rodrick 6i_zpsabc73b42
HISTORY: Rodrick was born and raised on Berk. He never went to viking training like he was suppose to, but instead ran off into the forest to study the creatures and plant life, trying to find out “what makes them tick”. When he was six his father sent him to summer camp on the other side of the island to learn what it means to be a viking. During the middle of a lesson on Thor he stood up and left the room. The teacher told the others to stay put and followed him, grabbing him by the wrist, she turned him to face her. She asked him, “Why did you do that? You can't just walk out on lessons.”
He replied by saying, “I left because you're wrong. I'm not going to sit by while you speak nonsense.”
The teacher was taken aback by this and exclaimed, “You insolent child! You respect your elders or incur the wrath of the gods!”
He torn his wrist away then and shouted, “There are no gods!” and ran away into the woods. It was three days before his father found him sitting near a large pond hugging his knees crying. His father had been told about what had happened at camp and sat down next to his son and asked, “Are you ok?”
Rodrick nodded and said quietly, “Are you mad at me, papa?”
His father sighed and said, “No, Rodrick. I'm not mad, but I would like to know why.”
“Why?” he asked.
“Why you would say something like that.”
Rodrick sighed and tossed a stone in the water, “Because, papa... its what I believe. I've studied these things all around us since I was two. I've figured some things out, and i'm convinced that our world isn't the work of gods.”
His father embraced his son then and said to him as the boy started crying, “That's ok. You can believe whatever you like, I will never judge you.”
The original intention was to keep Rodrick's unusually beliefs a secret, but the other students at the camp had heard and soon the whole island knew about it. When ever he would leave his house people would look at him strangely and whisper about him. Kids made up rumors and everybody thought that he was insane. When he was seven, Jane was born. He spent a lot of time with her, having no other friends. When he was ten and she was three a group of slave ships docked at the port to resupply before being on their way. The children were curious so the captain showed them around the ship. When they were down in the prisoner containment area of the ship the captain was explaining that the slaves were going to be taken to other countries to work. That's when Rodrick met Amut, an Egyptian slave only three years older than he was. All the other kids were entranced by the captain, but Rodrick and Jane spoke with Amut. Rodrick decided that he couldn't let the teen be taken to who-knows-where to be bought and abused, so the night before the ship was to leave port, Rodrick and Jane snuck on to the boat and stole the cell keys from the captain's room while he slept. They freed Amut from his cell and hid him in their house until the ship left the docks in the morning. Thier parents weren't happy about what they had done, but their father allowed Amut to stay. Rodrick and Amut soon became friends, learning that they shared the same views and thoughts. When Rodrick turned 14 he understood the feelings he had developed for the Egyptian boy and they started dating. His first kiss what at 15, under the tree in their back yard. Things were pretty calm until Rodrick had an accident at 19. He had been rock climbing, when the rock he'd been standing on gave way. He lost his grip and fell, when he was almost to the top. The Dragon that had been living with his family a year before caught him, saving his life. Since then though, he's been terrified of high places. He never did get his own dragon, as he was suppose to choose one when he turned 20. Being his fear of heights, he could never fly, and therefore didn't get a dragon. When Jane got older and learned to use a weapon, she began to defend Rodrick from the people who bullied him. She asked him why he didn't get back at them, and he explained to her that he was a pacifist. At 21 Rodrick was thinking about how he and Jane would draw designs on themselves when they were younger and how they'd always come off. He wondered if he could make a permanent design on the skin. Gathering his scientific knowledge he figured out how to make a design with needles and flower pigment that would not come off, no matter what you tried. These tattoo were painful to administer, but they lasted forever. Rodrick first tried the process on himself, making a tribal design that started at his left cheek and ended on his shoulder.

PARENTS, FRIENDS, AND OTHER FAMILY:
Aaron, Father, 43, Viking
Jane, Mother, 32, Viking
Jane, Sister, 17, Viking
Amut, Friend/Boyfriend, 27, Former Egyptian Slave

WEAPON OF CHOICE: He doesn't use weapons, but he carries a dagger for cutting ropes, vines, etc.
Twisted Persona (Angel)
Twisted Persona (Angel)
Admin

https://httyd.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum